Civil Rights are the personal rights and freedoms that the Bill of Rights of the Constitution guarantees to every American. Civil Rights claims encompass more government actions than just what is typically understood as “Civil Rights” violations. When a government, municipality, state actor, or even certain individuals violate one of your guaranteed Civil Rights, you have the right to make a claim, file a lawsuit, and demand accountability and compensation.
Aaron Meyer Law believes it is especially important for people to stand up and fight when it is their own government that has wronged them. He does not back down in the face of government maltreatment, so neither do you. As a California Civil Rights lawyer, he can help you understand your Civil Rights under both California law and Federal Actions under 42 USC 1983 to help you determine if you have a case. You do not have to quietly accept intimidation and personal harm to you or your loved one.
It can be a difficult area of the law, with complex procedural rules. Cases demand skilled and persistent advocacy and patience. However, justice is possible when you have a compassionate and dedicated advocate tenaciously attacking the process with you.
Aaron Meyer Law handles Civil Rights claims in California that can involve:
- Wrongful Termination or Retaliation in Employment, including Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) violations, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Employment Discrimination based on Military Service (USERA), and Harassment.
- Violations of your medical or personal privacy, including HIPAA and Privacy Act violations, especially when you career or reputations have been damaged.
- Due Process Violations, Including malicious prosecution, deprivation of liberty or property without proper process.
- Excessive Use of Force, including protection against police brutality, false arrest, imprisonment, and the unreasonable use of deadly force.
- Discrimination based on Disability, Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Age, or Religion. Including the California Unruh Civil Rights Act, EEOC Complaints, and the ADA.
- Other Claims Against the Government – In addition to 42 USC 1983 and California Civil Rights actions, other avenues exist to make claims for compensation for injury due to negligent government action, such as the Federal Tort Claims Act and “Bivens Actions.”
Do you have a case?
Remember that Civil Rights actions require both a violation AND clear damages to you. These could include significant economic or emotional harm, demonstrable damage to your reputation, a physical injury, or a wrongful death.
Aaron Meyer’s practice is dedicated to exactly these types of fights. Aaron Meyer is ready to dive into all facts and circumstances in your case to determine how you should proceed.
Do not simply accept it when you are refused compensation for your injuries. Do not be intimidated by powerful entities that deny your legitimate claims against them. You may have a case. The battle can be difficult, long, or uphill, but there can be hope when you have a lawyer doing everything possible to build your case. To find out how Aaron Meyer can start exploring details of your case and commence a relentless fight, call him today at 949-388-3654 or fill out the form below.